6. International Ebru Congress
7 - 14 May 2016 Istanbul
The first International Marbling Congress (International Ebru Congress) was held in Santa Fe, USA in 1989, sponsored by the marbling journal Ink & Gall. Marblers from all over the world, in particular from the United States, participated in this congress. Since then, the congress brings together artists from different countries, who are engaged in marbling by using different techniques and who have devoted themselves to the art of marbling. The congress provides a very favorable platform for the recognition and dissemination of traditional and contemporary examples of marbling.
Papers on the following subjects will be published in the 6th International Marbling Congress, which will be held in Istanbul;
- Philosophy of the art of marbling,
- New searches in the art of marbling,
- Restoration and conservation of marbling,
- The art of marbling and periodic materials and techniques,
- Evolution of the art of marbling in the world (historical development)
Furthermore, special exhibitions will be organized in addition to the exhibition, in which works of the participants approved by the selection committee will be included. "
You are invited with your papers and works to this unique journey of divine beauty accompanied with the mysterious world of the marbling art and the stunning colors thereof.